According to the understanding of the Shari’a, what is meant by buying and selling is the exchange of assets on the basis of mutual consent. Or transfer property with a justifiable exchange, namely in the form of a legal medium of exchange. So buying and selling can be interpreted as an exchange of property between two parties on the basis of mutual willingness, this sales system is often referred to as barter, namely the exchange of goods and is usually often carried out in traditional markets or can also be referred to as transfer of property with justifiable replacement, namely in the form of a medium of exchange. or payment instruments that are recognized as legal in terms of trade. Such as: rupiah or other legal currency.
The pillars of buying and selling according to Islam
In order for buying and selling to be legal and lawful, the transactions that take place must meet the pillars and conditions of the sale and purchase. Pillars are something that must be in the transaction, while the conditions are something that must be fulfilled in the pillars. As for pillars of buying and selling according to Islam are as follows:
- There are buyers and sellers
- There is money and things
- There is a sale and purchase contract
Terms of sale
In everyday life, we must know the name of buying and selling. According to Islamic teachings, buying and selling has rules, including the pillars and conditions that must be obeyed in buying and selling activities so that buying and selling activities can be legal according to Islam. In the above explanation has been explained about the pillars of buying and selling. Now let’s talk about buying and selling conditions. The first condition of buying and selling in Islam is that there is a seller and a buyer. Between the seller and the buyer there are certain conditions. The terms of the seller and the buyer according to Islam are:
- Intellect, what is meant by both being intelligent is to be able to distinguish which one is best for him. If one of the parties is unreasonable, the sale and purchase is invalid.
- Transactions occur on their own accord without coercion
- Both are not wasteful
The second condition of buying and selling after the existence of a seller and also a buyer is the existence of merchandise being traded. The terms of merchandise being traded are as follows:
- The goods are clean or holy. As for what is meant by clean goods, that is, the goods being traded are not illegal goods.
- Fully owned by the seller or authorized to him. The point here is that the person making the sale and purchase agreement is the owner of the item or the person who has obtained permission from the legal owner of the item being sold.
- Know the goods and their prices clearly. If in a sale and purchase the condition of the goods and the amount of the price are not known, then the sale and purchase agreement is invalid. Because the agreement may contain elements of fraud.
- Items that are held at hand