|Functions of Introduction to Legal Studies|
Functions of Introduction to Legal Studies – Education is not just dealing with phenomena that appear from the outside, but also directly understanding the basic concepts and then analyzing them logically.
Legal higher education must always be directed at increasing the intelligence of human resources which is not only useful for the interests of the people individually, but also to be able to implement their knowledge for the benefit of the community. The existence of legal higher education does have a more important role than other subsystems in society.
Knowing and understanding the purpose of studying law at least instills a foundation for someone who will later be useful in exploring the wide and diverse world of law.
To ensure the quality of law higher education graduates who are not only expected to become legal intellectuals, but are also able to devote their knowledge to the good of society, according to Soerjono Soekanto (1982: 192), they must have 3 aspects as follows:
- Knowledge in the field of law and in other social fields
- Have theoretical skills, including the ability to write, discuss and research. Practical skills, including the ability to form laws and then apply them.
- Personality, which has the courage to state the truth and be honest.
- Marwan Mas, 2004. Introduction to Legal Studies. Jakarta: Ghalia Indonesia.
- Sudikno Mertokusumo, Knowing the Law (An Introduction), Yogyakarta, Liberty, 1985
- CST. Kansil, Introduction to Indonesian Law & Legal Administration, Jakarta, PN Balai Libraries, 1984.