Examples of ferns – On this occasion I will discuss about ferns. On the previous occasion I have also discussed about ferns, precisely about the classification of ferns. Well, for this one opportunity I will discuss about examples of ferns.
ferns or called Pteridophyta. This plant has the following characteristics:
- Pteridophyta or ferns are a type of organism that is multicellular and also eukaryotic.
- Ferns or pteridophyta have roots, have leaves, and also have clear stems.
- The reproductive system or reproductive system in ferns is carried out by metagenesis, which will occur in alternation of offspring, namely between the diploid sporophyte phase or called 2n and also the haploid gametophyte phase or called n. In the sporophyte phase it will be much more dominant or the time for its life is much longer.
As already mentioned above, the fern has a root, stem, and leaf structure. The structure of the roots in ferns is shaped like fibers and at the ends there is a calyptra or root cap. The root tissue in ferns is composed of epidermal tissue, cortex tissue, and also the central cylinder.
The stem structure in ferns is composed of epidermal tissue, cortex tissue, and the central cylinder. In the central cylinder there is a network of transport or transport vessels, so that ferns already have their own transport vessels. The last is the leaf structure. Leaves in ferns are also composed of epidermal tissue, mesophyll tissue, and also transport vessels. Well, after you know about the characteristics of ferns, then I will explain about examples of ferns.
Examples of ferns
We can find ferns in our daily life, because ferns are the most abundant type of plant ecosystem in the world. There are three kinds of ferns themselves, here are: examples of ferns in this world include the following:
- Homosporous ferns. This type of fern is a type of plant that produces spores that have the same size and cannot be distinguished between male and female spores. Examples of homosporous ferns are Lycopodium sp or also known as wire nails.
- Heterosporous ferns are plant species that produce different types of spores. Examples of heterosporous ferns are rane ferns, clover and others.
- Transitional fern species. An example is horsetail.